We know that being a mom is much more than a job. It’s a full-time-never-get-a-break-don’t-put-that-in-your-mouth-no-means-no-lifestyle filled with ups and downs, laughs and tears and memories by the minute. Sure, it can be confusing and completely overwhelming at times, but hey, that’s why we’re here.
The two Jen’s originally created this site, and now a team of moms with different views will add to this daily blog. Our goal is to make this the ultimate resource for Charlotte moms and moms-to-be on a variety of activities, events and motherhood-related topics (best deals on hip new products, navigating the school systems, kids eat free, etc). This is a place for us to share as well as our readers, and we don’t pretend to know everything here. But, we’ll try our best to provide you with plenty of info we’ve learned through research, trial and, unfortunately, error.
What’s Courtenay’s story? I want to know more about Jen. I think I know Krista from somewhere, but where? Find out everything you ever wanted to know (and some things you didn’t) about our talented and insightful bloggers who know an awful lot about kids’ stuff and the latest goings on around town. We’re moms, wives, co-workers, friends, people in the know and, best of all, your guides on this crazy little thing we call Charlotte Smarty Pants.
By our Smarty friends at Charlotte Skin & Laser
Did you get a little too much sun this summer? Are you suddenly noticing brown spots or sun spots that you swear weren’t there in May?
We can help! We have not only topical products that can help; we have a wide variety of lasers treatments.
Laser skin rejuvenation refers to the use of laser and light treatments to restore aging skin to a smoother and more youthful appearance. This term includes several different non-invasive techniques used to treat wrinkles, sagging skin, brown spots, enlarged pores and more.
Different types of laser treatments are used to treat different skin conditions. Some of the most commonly used procedures to remove sun damage include:
• Intense pulsed light (IPL) – Light therapy that penetrates deep in the skin and does not injure the surface, used to reduce red and brown blotches and discolorations.
• Long pulse Alexandrite or GentleLase to remove unwanted freckles and sun spots.
• Photodynamic therapy (PDT) – Two-part procedure that makes the skin more sensitive to light and then uses the light to reduce redness, age spots and freckles with minimal downtime. Can be combined with VBeam and IPL.
• Fraxel Re:Store Dual- A combination wave length laser that offers the convenience of non-ablative procedures with little to no down time. It treats deep tissue to target wrinkles, texture and collagen rebuilding. The upper layers are also targeted to effect brown spots and pigmentation.
• Chemical Peels – A light chemical peel can help correct minor sun damage. Chemical peels can also be used in conjunction with laser treatments for more severe sun damage and brown spots.
A cosmetic consultation will help determine the best treatment for you. We are here to help and want you to feel and look your best! Call 704.333.9113 to schedule one today!